Thursday, January 8, 2009
Hardest Working Gadget
My husband is a self processed geek who loves gadgets so we have many in our home. Recently, it occurred to me that we have one gadget that no matter how much I abuse never seems to break. It is our television remote. To be more specific it seems to be all television remotes. I have never, ever broken a TV remote. I have broken many cell phones, blow dryers, curling irons, a set of rollers, a laptop, a portable home phone, a camera, an alarm clock , a can opener, a 13in TV, and a stereo (and many other things I am forgetting).

I find it ironic that the remote has survived since it's the gadget I use most frequently. I have sat on it, dropped it, spilled water on it, stepped on it, kicked it, thrown it, and one time the dog spent several mintues trying to use it as a chew toy. The remote just takes a lickin' and keeps on clickin'.

What amazing materials are TV remotes made from? Is the remote made from the same thing as the little black box inside of airplanes? Mine appear to be made from plain old plastic. Perhaps they are made from magical enchanted plastic and constructed by special elves.

I officially award the TV remote the "Most Durable Gadget Award" and in my house that really means something. If all gadgets were as durable then I am sure my husband would feel much more comfortable introducing them to me.

Yeah, for TV remotes!
3 Comments:
Blogger Emily T said...
I totally covet your remote.
I'm totally thinking of stealing it.

Crap! Said too much.

Blogger Unknown said...
LOL...Great post!

Blogger Jenny said...
Thanks Casey!

Emily you would be the worst thief evah!